Each Rule can have zero, one, or several actions. If an E-mail Message or Signal meets all the Rule conditions, the Rule actions are performed.
Rule Action parameters can contain Macro symbol combinations (^X, where X is a letter).
Different sets of Macro symbol combinations are processed
See the Signal Rules and E-mail Rules sections to learn about the Macro symbol combinations available.
The following Rule actions can be used in all Message and Signal processing Rules:
- This action should be the last one in a Rule. Execution of this Rule stops and no other (lower-priority) Rules are checked.
- If a Rule is a Signal processing one, the Signal fails with the specified error code. If there are Signal Rules for the "Failure" condition, those Rules are applied, otherwise the the Signal is rejected immediately.
- If a Rule is an E-mail processing one, the Message is rejected, and a negative Delivery Notification is sent back to the Message sender.
- If the action parameter text is not empty, it is used as the error report text.
- E-mail processing Rules can still store rejected Messages using the Store action before the Reject action.
SendURL URL (Execute URL URL)
- An HTTP connection is made to the remote Web server specified in the URL, and an HTTP GET request with the specified URL is sent to that server.
- If any response is received, the response is discarded. If no response is received within 10 seconds, the HTTP connection is closed.
- When the URL parameter is processed using Macro Substitution, the calculated values are URL-encoded first.
Send IM messageText
- An Instant message with the specified message text is sent.
- If the message text starts with the
line, then the Instant Message is sent to the specified address. Otherwise, the message is sent to the current Account (for Account-level Rules), or it is not sent at all (for Server-wide/Cluster-wide Rules).