To specify the External Helper program path and other parameters, open the General page in the Settings realm of the WebAdmin Interface and click the Helpers link:
The checkbox next to the Helper name tells the Server to start the specified program as a separate OS process.
- Use this setting to specify the type of information the Helper support module should put in the Server Log. Each Helper uses its own tag for its Log record.
- The file name (path) of the Helper program. If a relative path is specified, it should be relative to the CommuniGate Pro base directory.
- If the first setting symbol is $, then the rest of the setting string should be a path relative to the CommuniGate Pro application directory.
- If the Helper program does not send a response within the specified period of time, the program is stopped.
- If the Helper program stops, and this option is disabled, all pending requests are rejected. If the Helper program stops when this option is enabled, the Server waits for the specified period of time, restarts the Helper Program and re-sends the requests to it.