All CommuniGate Pro Server files - Accounts, Domains, Mailboxes, settings, queues, etc. are stored in one place - in the Server base directory.
When the Server starts, it creates the following objects inside its base directory:
- The Settings directory. This directory contains files with module and kernel component settings.
- The Queue directory. This directory contains Temporary and Message files. The Message files contain messages submitted to the Server, but still undelivered to all their recipients.
- BadFiles directory. This directory contains Message files the Enqueuer kernel component failed to parse. This directory should be empty.
- Accounts directory. This directory contains account files for the Main Server Domain.
- Domains directory. This directory contains directories for all other Domains.
- Submitted directory. This drop-in directory is used to submit messages to Server via the PIPE module.
- SystemLogs directory. This directory contains Server Logs.
- ProcessID file. This file exists only when the Server is running and contains the numeric identifier of the Server process in the OS.
- Directory directory. This directory contains the Server Central Directory files.
For more information about the Account and Domain files and directories, see the Objects section.
You can use symbolic links to move some of these directories to other locations (and other disks).