The WebUSer Interface Settings allow you to specify how the delete operations are handled:
Message Delete Method
- Set this option to Immediately if you want to permanently remove a message when you click the Delete link or button.
- Set this option to Move To Trash if you want to move deleted messages to the special Trash Mailbox, so they can be recovered from there.
- Set this option to Mark if you the Delete operation to mark messages as "deleted", without actually removing them. Then you can use the Purge Deleted operation to remove all Mailbox messages marked as Deleted.
- The remaining options can be used when the Move To Trash method is selected.
- This setting allows you to specify the Mailbox to be used as Trash. If you access your account with some other mailer that uses a Trash Mailbox, too, you may want to configure the WebUser Interface to use the same Mailbox as Trash. For example, the Microsoft Outlook client uses the Deleted Items Mailbox as a Trash Mailbox.
Keep Message Received Time
- If this option is enabled, then messages moved to Trash keep the Received ("Internal") time attribute, it shows the time when the message was received. If this option is disabled, the Received time attribute for messages moved to Trash is changed to the time when they were moved. This option has an effect on the next option.
On Logout Remove from Trash if Older than
- When you end your WebUser Interface or XIMSS session, the Server checks the Received date of the messages in the Trash Mailbox, and removes all messages older than the specified period of time. Depending on the Keep Message Received Time option value, it allows you to keep only recent messages in the Trash, or to keep only recently deleted messages in the Trash.
- This setting allows you to specify the Mailbox to store Junk mail.
On Logout Remove from Junk if Older than
- When you end your WebUser Interface or XIMSS session, the Server checks the Received date of the messages in the Junk Mailbox, and removes all messages older than the specified period of time.